Now you've found an apprentice to work with and the possibilities are endless. To get things off on the right track, we recommend that during the onboarding session, you mutually agree with the apprentice the best time and frequency of check-in calls. For some businesses, it is a weekly meeting when the apprentice apprises you of the previous tasks completed, share their feedback and observations, and importantly align on upcoming tasks.
The scheduled call is meant to complement other organic communication (e.g. Acadium chat, Slack, or email) that happens during the course of the week. So feel free to keep it flexible based on your unique requirement.
It is important to ask your apprentice to set up their weekly hours in their account, as it's required before you can schedule meetings with the apprentice.
Here are the steps to set up the call schedule:
1. Login to your Acadium account.
2. Go to your apprentice's chat conversation.
3. Click on the calendar icon and fill out the date and time on the pop-up menu. Then, click on 'Send meeting invite'.
Note: If you're in different time zones, simply select your local time and it will automatically update your apprentice's calendar in their local time.
4. A confirmation will show that the meeting invitation has been sent.
5. Your apprentice has to accept the meeting invite. Once accepted, you'll see a confirmation on your chatbox.
6. If you wish to cancel the meeting, you may also do so here.
7. That's it! You're now able to schedule a meeting with your apprentice.
If you opted to receive email notifications, you and your apprentice shall receive email reminders about the meeting 30 mins before time.
We hope this tool enhances the level of productivity during the apprenticeship.
For more information about this, feel free to contact our Membership Success team through firstname.lastname@example.org.