A phone call with a prospective apprentice is very different from a traditional hire in the real world. Below is a list of questions that can help guide your initial call:
- What brings you to Acadium?
- What are your goals in marketing?
- Do you have any previous experience in marketing?
- What do you hope to gain from an apprenticeship?
- What are you studying or what did you study?
- What other commitments do you have every week?
- On what days are you available?
These are just some of the many questions you can ask. Ultimately you want to make sure that the candidate feels at ease while talking to you. Asking them about themselves and their goals is a good way to learn if they can be a good fit for your plans.