What should I ask during a business screening call?
A business screening call can help you choose your potential mentor. If you don't know what to ask, then here is a list to inspire you.
To help prepare you for your call, have a list of questions you would like to ask your mentor:
- What areas of marketing do you need help with?
- Are you open to the idea of working on other tasks that may be of interest to me? (list tasks that are of interest to you)
- How much training will I be receiving, and from who?
- Is there anyone else on the team that I will interact regularly with?
- What specific skills/deliverables do you expect from me?
- What specific marketing skills will I learn by working with you?
- What do you hope to achieve in three months for you to consider this apprenticeship successful?
- Here is my weekly schedule. Will you be available during my 10 hours per week, in case I have questions?
- Are you ok with having a weekly call?
- Due to my other responsibilities, I will only be available during my specified hours. Are you okay with that?
Here are just a few questions you could ask. Of course, you can ask the business anything that you are interested in learning about, so feel free to add to this list or change it entirely.